16 May BD, Manager, Mechanical Engineering
MMS Pyxis business is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, and experienced Manager of Mechanical Engineering to help lead on market product enhancements and new product development initiatives within Pyxis medication management product portfolio.
- Assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tasks, build a resource plan for completion of these tasks, and track progress.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers and associates.
- Perform annual reviews and assists with personal development plans.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and stakeholders to ensure that existing and proposed hardware architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Proactively identify risks and issues and advance them as appropriate.
- Perform CAD modeling of electromechanical assemblies to support the release of new designs and craft improvements to existing designs.
- Apply statistical techniques and utilize design of experiments.
- Derive V&V strategies for new product validation and release.
- Provide labor and non-labor needs and schedule estimations to program management for hardware related scope and work.
- Drive design reviews, gives honest critical assessment, and provides objective feedback.
- Supervise individual and team progress against goals and objectives, including evaluation of performance of team members.
- Some travel may be involved as part of this role where prior notice will be given.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree and applicable work experience. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7years related work experience and at least 2 years in functional leadership required.
- Experience in the design and development of medical device systems or other FDA regulated products is highly desired.
- Experience working with global teams and external development partners.
- Experience developing and launching a new product.
- Experience in DFSS methodology.