06 Apr Exponent Manager, Biomedical Engineering Chicago IL
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We are currently seeking a Engineering Manager in our Biomedical Engineering and Sciences Practice in Chicago, IL. In this role you will work as part of a team in a stimulating and challenging work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth.
You will be responsible for:
- Interacting and collaborating with professionals from diverse technical backgrounds such as mechanical engineering, materials science, polymers chemistry, health sciences, and biomedical engineering to address complex problems facing clients in the life sciences industry
- Analyzing root causes for a wide variety of failures related to issues arising in development, manufacturing, or use of products in multiple industries, including medical devices, cardiovascular, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and consumer health products
- Participating as part of multidisciplinary teams in complex technical projects related but not limited to medical devices, as well as pharmaceutical and drug delivery products in support of our clients
- Managing and executing complex projects in support of our clients
- Actively participating and providing leadership in our Biomedical Engineering & Sciences Practice
- Actively marketing the Practice’s and the Firm’s technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
- Developing additional expertise, gaining industry exposure, and establishing a new and expanded client base through peer-reviewed publications and service on relevant professional committees/organizations