MedTech Color is a 501(c)(3) organization aiming to advance the representation of persons of color in the medical device industry. We are a destination and resource for professional development, thought leadership, and strategies to increase the number of underrepresented executives who enter, stay, and contribute to the industry.
We believe that diverse leadership in Medtech leads to greater innovation and better outcomes.
In the fall of 2017, fifteen African American leaders from the medical device industry met over dinner in San Jose, California. They had explored three topics of interest to drive greater diversity in medtech.
First, they shared their stories of navigating the complexities of the industry as an ethnic minority.
Second, they explored what might be done to support and empower diverse patients and leaders in medtech.
Third, the group, made up of venture capitalists, large company executives, early-stage company CEOs, and top-tier service providers, mapped out a strategic plan for an organization that became MedTech Color.
Founding Members and Board of Directors
Diversifying the medical device industry requires engaged and thoughtful leaders. We’re grateful to have some of the most innovative and committed leaders guiding our organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are MedTech Color's strategic imperatives?
- Increase representation and participation of Black and Latinx individuals in clinical trials and medical device development through training, recruitment and retention, and strategic collaborations.
- Foster 100 new Black and Latinx CEOs via our Pitch Competition and Professional Opportunities partnerships
- Building a community of sponsors, mentors and champions to increase the number of leaders of color in Medtech.
What's next for MedTech Color?
- Launch MedTech Color Membership: Summer 2022
- 5th Annual MedTech Color Networking Breakfast: October 25, 2022
- 3rd Annual MedTech Color Pitch Competition: Spring 2023
- Our FDA-backed Collaborative Community will create a clinical trial information repository and launch a corresponding webinar series about ethnic disparities in the industry
Why MedTech Color?
- To build the world’s largest network of Black and Latinx Medtech leaders.
- To increase the number of these leaders who enter and stay in Medtech.
- To add tangible value to the Medtech ecosystem via inclusive thought-leadership.