10 Feb Medtronic Manager – Software Embedded/Verification Engineering – Surgical Robotics
Careers that Change Lives
You will join a world class team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers responsible for further development and enhancement of the globally launched Robotic Assisted Surgery platform: https://www.medtronic.com/covidien/en-us/robotic-assisted-surgery/hugo-ras-system.html
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career
In the Robotics Surgical Technologies business, part of Medtronic’s Surgical Operating Unit, we believe patients around the world deserve access to quality care and improved outcomes. We strive to expand global access to care and reduce variability through robotic and analytics solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS set the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services.
A Day in the Life
As a Software Verification Manager working in the Seaport District of Boston, MA, you will use your broad understanding of software verification techniques for medical or other regulated systems. You will develop strong understanding of the SW Architecture, oversee the test strategy, provide technical leadership in developing, execution and release activities of Software test in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Demonstrate organizational talent and technical aptitude/understanding of Surgical Robotics systems and applications, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the drive to succeed in a matrix organization.
- Define, plan, organize and coordinate V&V activities with teams across multiple sites in accordance FDA and other regulatory requirements.
- Manage and develop software test talent within the organization and work with a cross-functional team to foster synergy in day-to-day operation
- Lead in forecasting, effort estimation, resource & test planning, training, execution, and release activities
- Aptitude for continuous improvement, identify and implement industry standard software test technology, methods, and tools.
- Well versed in different test development methodologies include Agile to enables breaking barriers across the organization.
- Oversee definition and implementation of different software testing techniques to increase test coverage.
- Use Test Automation frameworks to standardize test automation across products and technologies.