02 May ResMed, Director, SaaS Strategy
Partnering with our business verticals and functions, the Strategy and Ventures team is assisting with their near- and longer-term growth strategies, as well as shaping our 2025 corporate strategy. We are also progressing ResMed’s corporate development agenda, focusing on growth through mergers and acquisitions (M&A), partnerships and new business creation.
The Director, Strategy – SaaS opportunity is a remote, homebased opportunity and will be a key member of the ResMed Strategy and Ventures Leadership Team, you will lead the development and execution of business strategy for ResMed SaaS in partnership with leaders and business teams across the SaaS portfolio.
- Overall responsibility for ResMed SaaS (organic and inorganic) growth strategy development, governance and execution through the ResMed SaaS Leadership team and ResMed’s Corporate Strategy & Ventures team. Supports ‘best practice’ business case development and rigor in the process.
- In collaboration with the business unit teams, provides leadership, oversight and governance to the business development process, investment decisions and collaborations to enable the business strategy.
- Provides leadership for the M&A strategy. Identifies M&A targets that accelerate profitable growth and augment ResMed SaaS’s right to win and amplify and compliment ResMed’s overall culture.
- Identifies Partnership and Venture Investments that drive competitive advantage for ResMed SaaS and accelerate profitable growth.
- Actively builds market intelligence and competitive intelligence both to inform strategic decisions and the wider business development process.
- Actively leads Business Innovation. Determines appropriate experiments to support the development of innovative business models and, where appropriate, new businesses and or opportunities.
- Lead and develop a talented team; responsibility to recruit, develop and mobilize talent for success in a culture of continuous change.
- Requires a true understanding of the post-acute and out of hospital care spectrum and can create the connection between physician needs, product innovation, engineering, data solutions and security, that will serve our customers and inform business strategy.
- Can navigate ambiguity, complexity and competing agendas to define an overarching strategy for the business. In doing so, needs to align and lead a capable peer group to ensure undiluted focus on execution of a strategy and narrative that builds high levels of organization engagement and accountability.
- Can apply energy and attention to a wide portfolio of competing commitments in collaboration with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads through influence to advocate for the interests of the SaaS business whilst recognizing the fundamental importance of collaboration with other ResMed business units and functions to the success of the wider organization.