17 Apr Veranex, Sr Vice President / General Manager Preclinical
About This Role:
Responsible for the operational activities of the service line, ensuring that the service line is managed and performing efficiently and effectively. This role will lead operational resource allocation, prioritization and budgeting discussions and decisions to ensure service line goals and milestones are aligned and tracking to corporate objectives. Accountable for P&L.
What You Will Do:
- Works with COO to develop and execute service line operations initiatives to meet company goals and standards. Responsible for service line P&L.
- Acts as an operational and analytical thought partner to the COO and leadership team to define, achieve, and measure key operational and financial goals.
- Advocates for strategic initiatives and develop approaches (models, frameworks, presentations, recommendations, thought pieces, etc.) for ELT/SLT consideration, evaluation, and decision-making.
- Reports progress, operational issues, and organizational opportunities to the COO.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the service line’s day-to-day operations to ensure business success and growth.
- Supports business development strategy and processes.
- Plays a key leadership role in refining operational processes, systems, and infrastructure increasing performance, and enhancing employee and client experiences.
- Reviews, analyzes, and addresses gaps in service excellence, policies, and/or procedures proactively; identify issues and implement solutions.
- Evaluates performance by analyzing and interpreting data and operation metrics to meet quality/performance metrics.
- Manages financial and revenue growth, operations, labor management, contract management, and outcomes within the assigned service line.
- Proactively engages with cross-functional stakeholders to identify interdependencies, resolve issues, and champion strategic initiatives.
- Leads service line change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and overcoming obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Helps prepare the service line for both organic growth and potential mergers/acquisitions.
- Communicates and explains new operational objectives, policies, or procedures while projecting a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Leads, motivates, and supports team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including oversight of recruitment and conflict resolution.
- Provides leadership to the service line, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the service line, and ability to address complex questions in an accurate and concise manner
- Bachelor’s degree in a business administration related discipline
- 15 years of operations experience in pharmaceutical, clinical, or medical technology development industry
- Keen attention to details and a downstream understanding of their impact
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of operations focusing on key performance metrics around reliability, efficiency, cost, and quality
- Ability to lead a team through changes and innovation
- Strong leadership, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and listening) skills and oral presentation ability, as well as the ability to forge successful relationships with key internal and external partners
- Excellent problem-solving skills reflecting creative and analytical thinking
- Adherence to high ethical standards
- Ability to provide innovative approaches that yield practical and scalable solutions